CORDAGE SC POLICIES & PROCEDURES
In accordance with Massachusetts Youth Soccer
Click on the following links to view:
Club Terms and Information:
While we do not hold "tryouts" to become a member, players may be invited to be a part of our club by a Cordage SC coach or may be referred to us by a current member. We DO NOT recruit players however we do offer invitational, complementary practices in order for you to see if we are the right fit for your family. In addition to multiple training sessions throughout the year, players will be invited to participate in scheduled tournaments and events as they are offered to our club.
*Some tournaments and/or events may be select ages only.
*Separate costs may apply to events such as Summer Tour, club gear and apparel, leagues and tournaments.
*Participation in all events is not mandatory.
*Although rare, unanticipated costs due to situations beyond the club's control (pandemic related issues, etc.) may be requested from time to time.
2021/2022 Annual Memberships:
- Begin September 1st, 2021 and End August 31st, 2022.
- Registration is open from June 3rd until July 31st.
- A Processing Fee of $50.00 will be applied for registrations received August 1st through August 31st.
- All registered players will receive a ticket to the New England Revolution and Cordage SC partnered event, "Cordage SC Night at the Revs!" More information will be made available.
- All registered players will receive admission to one tournament (up to $40.00 value). Must be redeemed during current registered year.
**We are no longer offering packages that include Indoor Winter League sessions, however sessions are available for purchase now if members wish to purchase ahead of time.
*By registering you agree to have read and understand Cordage Soccer Club policies and procedures. www.cordagesoccerclub.com/policies
2020/2021 Annual Memberships:
- Begin September 1st, 2020 and End August 31st, 2021.
- Registration is open from May 1st until July 31st.
- A Processing Fee of $35.00 will be applied for registrations received August 1st through August 31st.
- All registered players will receive a ticket to the New England Revolution and Cordage SC partnered event, "Cordage SC Night at the Revs!" More information will be made available soon.
- All registered players will receive admission to one tournament (up to $50.00 value). Must be redeemed during current registered year.
- Membership PLUS registered players will receive Indoor Session 2 in addition to admission to one tournament. Must be redeemed during current registered year.
- Membership ELITE registered players will receive Indoor Session 2 AND a second admission to one tournament in addition to admission to one tournament (up to $50.00 value each). Must be redeemed during current registered year.
*By registering you agree to have read and understand Cordage Soccer Club policies and procedures.
*Plans and prices are subject to change each year. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
CORDAGE SC CODE OF CONDUCT
Updated February 1, 2021
The Cordage SC Code of Conduct can be summarized in the following three principles:
1. HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
2. SET A GOOD EXAMPLE
3. MAINTAIN GOOD RELATIONSHIPS
Guidelines to Protect the Official(s)
- Parents and Players are prohibited from directly communicating with referees. A parent or player may direct questions to their team’s Coach during half time or when the game has concluded.
- Coaches may question a referee’s call during a game ONLY if the Coach did not hear the call. If the Coach has further questions regarding a call(s), they may approach the referee during a break in the game or after the game is over.
- Coaches should inform an appropriate Cordage SC Director or Senior Coach on Scene (SCOS) regarding blatant officiating problems. The Director or SCOS should inform the League/Event Director as soon as possible.
In accordance with FIFA laws, verbal abuse towards a referee can result in a red card and ejection of the player, coach or parent. Referees have the authority to suspend play if a coach does not control players and parents/supporters.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO BE A PART OF CORDAGE SC AND AS A PARTICIPANT I WILL:
1. Play the game by the rules. Respect the rules.
2. Display good sportsmanship, win or lose.
3. Give my best effort at all times, on and off the field.
4. Show respect towards all coaches.
5. Show respect towards the referee, even if I may sometimes disagree with his/her calls.
6. Conduct myself with honor and dignity and treat other players as I would like to be treated.
7. Maintain the highest level of sportsmanship towards opponents including, their coaches, fans, and supporters.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
1. SUPPORT YOUR CHILD
Support your child by giving encouragement and showing interest in his/her team. Help your child work towards improving skills and displaying good sportsmanship in every game.
2. DON'T BE A SIDELINE COACH OR REFEREE
Refrain from coaching or refereeing from the sidelines. While you may want your child to perform a specific task or score a goal during a game, coaches might be looking for your child to meet certain milestones or achieve a challenge/goal set for that game. Allow the coach to coach the game and the referee to ref the game. NEVER STEP ONTO THE PITCH while a game is underway!
3. DEMONSTRATE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE OPPONENT
Opponents are not enemies. Don’t allow yourself to be drawn into a verbal disagreement or confrontation with opposing parents or coaches. Refrain from yelling out to the official(s).
Maintain the highest level of sportsmanship towards opponents including, their coaches, fans, and supporters.
4. REMEMBER - YOUR CHILD WANTS TO HAVE FUN!
VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT may result in:
Primary Disciplinary Actions:
A verbal warning (not documented)
A verbal warning (documented)
A written warning (documented)
Secondary Disciplinary Actions:
A member (player/parent/coach/volunteer etc.) is suspended and/or removed from a game/tournament/practice by an official or coach for a minimum of 1 game.
The release of (to suspend indefinitely) a member or family member from Cordage Soccer Club if the action/behavior of misconduct is deemed severe and/or meets the ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY criteria.
Such action/behavior will be reviewed and any disciplinary action(s) will be voted on by the Board of Directors prior to the suspension and/or release of any member.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
There is a mandatory minimum of a 1 game suspension if an individual(s) is suspected of or found guilty of any of the following:
- Discrimination in ANY capacity (race, sex, ability etc.)
- Possession of illegal substance/material/weapon
- Intentional damage of property
- Physical or verbal assault
- Hazing or bullying (in any capacity)
- School Suspension
*** NOTE: Cordage SC reserves the right to suspend any member (player/parent/coach/volunteer etc.) indefinitely.